Learn To Be Positive (Sharing my secret on how I stay positive!)

02:15

This post has been on my head for some time now, I kept having ideas on writing it till a point where it will come 'saying hi' to me every now and then. So, I figured that okay I gotta quickly pen (digitally) this down so I can cross it off my to-do-list and it will stop "calling" me all the time while I'm doing my other work.

Now that you are reading this, this Gif explains my mood perfectly 

I'm not sure if you read a book in high school before, it's called the Chicken Soup or in Chinese 心灵鸡汤. I vaguely remember what is it about, but I do recall that the book series are stories that touch our hearts. I remember going to the school library to read those books and I would feel comforted in some way. Well things kinda changed over the years, I found another way to make me feel comforted and it's actually through listening songs. 

If you know me personally, then you would know I'm a singing maniac. I love singing and love listening to songs. Some songs are capable of making me feel calmed and motivated at the same time, just giving me a lot of positive vibes you know. When I first had this blog idea in my head, it was about sharing a few songs that are really positive and love-sharing. Maybe I'll add some other points beside the songs too, we'll see how this goes. 

There are different ways to try to be positive. You might speak to your friends, family or partner to get some positive vibes. But I believe there are times, when you're alone and then some negative thoughts might appear in your head again. So what do you do then? My best advice, and it has been proven to be working fine for me- is to listen to songs. I'm not sure whether it works for you as well, but you can always try and see what is the result right? 

Here in this post, I want to share with you a song that I think is really meaningful and beautiful. I'll give some descriptions and lyrics below, but really, I think you should just listen it on your own to absorb and digest the positivism in you too. 

Drum-rolls please...

Jason Mraz - Have It All 
First of all, the rhythm and tune itself are uplifting and so nice to our ears already. Wait till you listen to the lyrics!

May you have auspiciousness and causes of success 
May you have the confidence to always do your best


You know during new year, we always like to wish people with abundance on this auspicious occasion. But we shouldn't only remember this on occasions like new year or Christmas. I wish that people around me are motivated to be successful (in your own definition, doesn't necessarily mean a great career or wealth, could be anything!) all the time. Let there be lesser self-doubts and more self-convincing and self-loving moments. I know it's not easy to stay confident in the society today because negative words and criticism are everywhere. Especially in the prime age of Social Media, so many people are trying to bring people down and say hurtful words without thinking about the implications.

With all these on-going, yet I still urge you to find, listen and hold on to your inner voice.

May you take no effort in your being generous
Sharing what you can, nothing more nothing less


You know the saying, "giving is better than receiving"? I know it's not a human nature to give instead of taking, but can you imagine a world or a society where everyone is thinking about 'take, take, take' and no one's giving back? I believe that what goes around comes around, if you make a positive impact, one day something positive happens back to you. Of course I'm not asking to you give with the pure mindset/intention that you want to get back something for sure. When I refer to giving, it could be anything, for example, you can give compliments, moral support, share knowledge and etc. 

One experience I want to share is that- there was this time where I was queuing up to buy McD ice-cream, the queue was pretty long... And everyone was in sort of a less-patient mode because who likes to wait right? Now think about this, imagine what we need to do is wait (while playing with our phones maybe), make order, pay then walk away while enjoying our desserts. But what about the person who is working? She must have been so exhausted with making ice-cream non stop! and the queue behind is not getting any shorter... So when it was my turn, so happened I saw that she wore really nice makeup (she is a young Malay girl). And I just couldn't help but complimented her. "Wow your makeup is really pretty, I really like it! And you have really pretty eyes." Almost instantly, I could see her face which was stressed up earlier changed and glowed up. Huge smile could be seen on her face. Blushing away, she then said thank you (very shyly haha!) But I knew at that moment, she really genuinely felt happy. Amidst a busy work day serving that many customers, who would have thought that she would receive a compliment like that. Well for me, I was just stating the fact, her makeup was really pretty and her eyes were really nice. But for her, it could something that made her day. 

When was the last time you gave something (could be tangible or intangible)? And I wonder if that move sparked any positive emotions in you?

May you know the meaning of the word happiness
May you always lead from the beating in your chest


Happiness, something that everyone is looking for. Some find it, some don't. There is no right or wrong because it's something that is so subjective. I myself is also constantly looking and appreciating it. People around me always ask me: "why are you always so energetic? why do you sound so active and positive all the time?" I don't really have an answer actually, it's just how I am. Have I already achieved happiness? Nooo la, where got such thing eh? 

My best answer if I think really hard now is that you must be able to count your blessings. If you keep comparing yourself with others, especially with people who have more possessions than you; then you will always see yourself lacking here and lacking there; how can you be happy with this mindset. The fact that you cannot make peace and accept yourself as who you are is a big factor why you cannot be happy.

Again, everyone's definition of happiness is different. I hope you keep searching for yours until you find it, then treasure it dearly.

May you be treated like an esteemed guest
May you get to rest, may you catch your breath

Phew, finally it's time to wrap up the last point. don't forget to get the rest you need. I'm not just referring about getting enough sleep; Just like your body, your mind also needs regular rest. It's okay to pause or go slower when you feel like things could be overwhelming. There is a Chinese saying that "To rest is for a longer journey that we are going to take". So don't be afraid to take a break, you will bounce back even stronger after that!

We don't deserve Jason Mraz at all 😢 His music has always been such a sweet and pleasant gift. 

Introducing... Have It All by Jason Mraz



There is really more to it than just this song. In fact, I think the whole album - Know is just so precious and extremely needed in our society now. It has got so much positivism in it then you cannot help but to feel the love in it. 

Image result for know jason mraz album

If you can, listen to the whole album. It has got some magic in it I promise!
I'm planning to share a similar blogpost but talking about a Cantonese song, what do y'all think?


Just one more song for you okay?

Have a good day, good night or good afternoon to you wherever you are ❤️

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. How good if the society have behaviour like you. This world would be filled with peace and love.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe