Cozy in the Rocket Cafe

05:04


I've tried a lot of many other carbonara from many places but I kept coming back for this. You know the food is really good when you keep craving for it and make effort to go there even if they have the worst customer service ever and short opening hours. As you can see, the tables and chairs are more of the old style furniture. It gives a kind of earth and out in the woods feeling.

On one fine morning, we visited the cafe and I was excited as always. We still had to wait for them to slowly serve and everything but it was worth it when my carbonara came.

A few things to note:
1. Unlike normal cafes, you won't be seated and being served by the staff. You will need to (most probably wait at the counter) order and pay first.
2. There is absolutely no pictures of food for your reference, so I suggest that you could do your homework first by checking out other people's reviews on Instagram or blog.
3. It could be a little pricey compared to other typical cafes as you will have to fork out about RM30-40 for a main dish and a drink.
4. The shop could be a bit not obvious as they have blinds like design in front of the shop with its name. A really easy way to find it is by asking people where the famous mural of brother and sister and you will be able to find it.
5. As you know, roads in Georgetown are always traffic jamming and finding a parking space is like finding a RM20 note on the floor. So, if you find a parking space in the area, park liao la! Don't hesitate if not you will have circle another 4 or 5 times then you will get angry and hungry andddd waste petrol money. 

Interior of the cafe 
THIS IS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD, I especially love it when I get to poke the yolk and just let the juice ooze out. This is what kept me coming back again and again. 

Meet Viv =) 

She ordered the seafood pasta and it was good as well 


They have outdoor seats right beside the shop but I'm not sure whether they let customers sit there. As it was raining when we visited so we couldn't sit outside.


Very earthy feel right? 

Ugh, someone please clean the mirror 


Ending this post with some old pictures (2014) I found in my old phone.

At the entrance of Cozy in the Rocket Cafe, and check out this blind that I mentioned earlier 

The look when I see the love of my life

Conclusion: If you're a carbonara lover, I sincerely ask you to try it out. Once you've tried it, you will know what I mean. On the contrary if you are just looking for another cafe to chillax, this cafe might not be the right choice.

Continue reading to see other places in the Georgetown area that you can have fun at!

Address264, Lebuh Pantai, George Town, 10300 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Opening hoursDaily, 10am-5pm (including public holiday); closed on Mon

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe