1-Day Date with NPY in Penang

19:14


Just the usual blue sky weather in Penang 
Updated!! Check out my VLOG below for more visuals =) 






I was back in Penang two weeks ago and of course I have to meet up with my NPY. We had so much fun and I cannot wait to share with guys and infect you with our happiness. Bear in mind, we didn't see each other for 10 months after I left Penang for Macau. We used to be 'twins' everyday during uni and suddenly both of us were so far apart.

Anyway let's get to it. Thanks to NPY who planned where to go. We only have time from breakfast till before dinner, so we had to slightly plan our route. Like any other tourist in Penang, time is very precious since Penang always have massive jams at the popular places. Check out the picture (which I painstakingly created) below to get an idea on how we traveled from a point to another point, along the way.


For the first stop, we wanted to go for Toh Soon for some Roti Bakar. We couldn't believe our eyes as our car drove by, there was literally a queue of 10 or more people by the road side. Gawd, as if we didn't have to pay or what. So we drove pass (haha!) and head for another place instead.

1. Roti Canai at Agryll Road
This is the place where I patronised for years already. They serve really good beef curry that goes so well with the plain roti canai. Other than that, the teh tarik is great as well. The meal was about RM20, cheap cheap but satisfying!

This roti canai is similar to Roti Prata in Singapore. For me, I think the bread itself is hard to go wrong. What's so special about it or what makes it stand out is the sauce/curry. Many other places serve curry that is watery and the meat is not fully seasoned.

Roti Canai Agryll Road had been here for more than ten years I believe. Everytime I come, the guy who takes the food order and the auntie who takes the drink order never fail to make me smile. I guess other than the awesome food, it's the sense of friendliness I see in them that keeps me coming back.





My favourite beef curry

Any spot can just be a vintage background in Penang, big love!
Thanks for letting me take great photos of you, and thanks for taking great photos for me too! <3 br="" nbsp="">



2. Paragon for some shopping
I missed walking in malls which offered clothes that I actually can buy (basically the brands in Macau's are like Chanel, Gucci, Bottega Venetta etc etc). Then there's Sephora where I bought a lip kit from NYX and I love it! Other friendly brands available here are HM, Cotton On, MONKI, Padini, Kitschen and etc. I didn't manage buy any clothes here but it felt really good when my best companion is with me to shop. Usually when I shop in Macau, I shop alone. When you have your bff with you, she can give you the honest review and some second thoughts that you might not think of.


3. BIBIS Fashion Cafe
Just opposite Paragon, is this Fashion/Cafe (we literally walked there). Basically, the shop has two sections, one part of it is the cafe and the other half is the boutique. I was a bit surprised when I entered the shop because it was less posh that what I have imagined in mind. Nevertheless, the food proved that the shop was worth the visit. Highly recommended! Awesome Carbonara, Egg Benedict and coffee.

They even have some areas in front of the shop for you to take some pictures, everything a girl needs! Great food + Places to take great pictures.


Look at the yolk oozingggggg
Goddess in the house 
pose pose pose

A rare sight of an empty Kelawai road that can easily top the chart of  ROADS WITH WORST TRAFFIC JAM IN PENANG
Oh hi, do you see Perodua Kembara at the back? #onlyMalaysianswillknow

4. Batu Ferringhi Beach
The beach area in Penang is called Batu Ferringhi. I think it's beautiful and perfect for picnics and family gatherings. However, I don't think I will ever swim here because the water just doesn't look clean at all. Plus, there are too many people that won't stop staring at you in your swim wear. So no snorkelling or whatsoever since the water is cloudy and you won't see the fishes clearly. (Plus, there were few instances of stingrays bite) If you are looking at snorkelling, head to other islands like Pulau Redang or Pulau Perhentian.

PS: Just be careful as the people won't stop bugging you. And be alert as there might be some uncivilized people filming you.

Although there was some disturbance from these uncivilized people, we managed to enjoy our time here just like old times. Thank God we bought a picnic mat from Daiso, Gurney Paragon and therefore we could at least have a proper place to sit. The sand was not really soft as there were other things like stone, broken shells and etc in it. Ants were everywhere too, especially under the tree where we shade from.

The main sport activities here are banana boat, motor boat, and parasailing. I haven't tried the water sports before, but so far it seemed pretty safe. ALWAYS BARGAIN. This is very important, my friend told me she managed to bargain from RM 100 to RM 50 for the whole banana boat. There are plenty of companies out there trying to sell you their packages, so be CHOOSY, only go when you are okay with the price and trust your gut. If the person seems like untrustworthy, just walk away. Don’t be easily persuaded.

"Darling, could you put some sun tan lotion for me?"
 








5. Roti Bakar at Tanjong Tokong
Ahh back to good old times. Pretty sure you have been here if you are a TARCian in Penang. We used to come here weekly after class. So this is the soft boiled egg and it goes really well with the toasted bread. I usually take Butter with sugar, and M takes kaya and butter.







Tips from dorindagym: For all of you who are interested to visit Penang and don't know where to go, you could try this itinerary. You just have to drive along the way, Georgetown - Gurney - Batu Ferringhi. There are many others different things to do in these mentioned areas, just make sure you plan it according to the way. If not you could be wasting time traveling around. On a side note, I heard Uber is really convenient in Penang, my Singapore relative Uber-ed around when they visited Penang. That saves you some time as finding parking spaces could be a headache sometimes.

Our one day date ended as I had to go for dinner date with the familia. You know what is 依依不舍 or not? If you don't know nvm. Looking forward for our next date, NPY. Love ya!

This post is dedicated to my NPY, thank you for always bringing me around and being the best companion I can get! 

XOXO,Mel

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe