8D7N in Taiwan- Episode 2 (Summit Resort 新社庄园 - Formosan Aboriginal Cultural Village九族文化村)

17:58

Day 2 Taichung City 台中市 - Nantou County 南投 

Day 2! Do you know what the most important thing in a day is? It’s to …… EAT! Breakfast is very very important. Thanks to our driver who brought us here, we had a very delicious and filling breakfast. The shop might not look like anything special, but it’s actually a popular breakfast place for the locals, you can see many queuing to dabao or waiting for table.

You will need to grab the ready-made food first (they are all placed along the queue) and pay at the counter. At the same time, you can order other things that require cooking. RECOMMENDED, you guys can try to have breakfast here.
Address: No. 39, Section 3, Xitun Road, Xitun District, Taichung City, Taiwan 407
Food to try:





After filling out stomachs, we headed straight for the Summit Resort 新社庄园.  I really like this place because of how green and laid-back it is. Every corner is a different scenery that is picture perfect. I think it is perfect for a weekend trip when you need to wind down and catch some fresh air.

Summit Resort 新社庄园
For your information, the entrance ticket is NTD250 per person. The ticket is also inclusive of NTD100 vouchers that can be used here. However, do note that NOT all the shops here accept the voucher (they have café, restaurant, souvenir shops and etc). Make sure you check the terms & conditions behind the ticket first. We end up using the vouchers for some postcards and coffee/drinks.
好有诗意, 美得像一幅画 So poetic, looks just like a painting


Do you know what I mean now? This place just have the chilling vibes, with all those trees and flowers going on, it's sorta like I'm in Switzerland or New Zealand.
My sisters always make me laugh like this, 没有形象了啦, but I love how I can always act like myself around them.

Look how cute the bushes were trimmed into! Positive vibes everywhere especially for (mild) OCD people like me
YAAAS I love it here!


My sister said I look like I'm stand-sleeping LOL

We spotted a group of youths, I think they were 3 pairs of couples who were having the time of their lives. They were laughing and helping each other to take couple photos. LOL, they even brought the bubble guns to get some bubbles for the photo effects (smart!). What I’m trying to point out here is that people can relax and have a great time here, it seems like everyone had their “Happy Mode” on. 

I quickly took the opportunity and asked my sister to take photos too because their bubbles were flying up here. Was a lil sad we didn't succeed, it was so difficult capture the bubbles in the pic. 
I didn't expect this beautiful corner here to be the washroom, look how cute the little huts are! 











 

  


The two most VVIP person in my life, you only get to see their back, cannot show you their faces hehe 
Three sisters who bought three pairs of black sportshoes

We spent two vouchers here for the drinks. You can only use one voucher at a time, so we needed to top up for the drinks.If I didn't remember wrongly, the drinks were NTD 160 each, so we had to top up NTD120 after using the 2xNTD100 vouchers. 






I find this wooden sphere very special
The coffee and breakfast have been fully digested after visiting Summit Resort, so it was time for lunch again. We went to 李仔哥爌肉饭 for lunch. If you like what you are seeing, you could try it as it will be along the way to 九族文化村. 




Delicious 爌肉饭
The other rice dishes were all good, so it's safe to order those.
I couldn't accept this 肉庚面, thank God I didn't order this
Then we headed for Formosan Aboriginal Cultural Village 九族文化村. 




We started off by taking the Sun Moon Lake cable car, the experience was rather similar with Langkawi's


Formosan Aboriginal Cultural Village 九族文化村is a very interesting place because it introduced me to many of the tribes in Taiwan. I think it's really important for these information/knowledge to be conveyed to the next generation or oven the outside world. Thumbs up! Besides, it is also a theme park, check out their website for more information on the other areas that we didn't cover.

"Formosa Aboriginal Cultural Village has the largest outdoor museum in Taiwan dedicated to displaying the traditional homes and architecture of Taiwanese nine principal aborigine tribes (Nine, 2017)."


Performances by the aboriginals 





Imagine playing a swing like this 




I feel like I'll end up in Alice in Wonderland if I take this path


The next part is also one of my favourite moments from Taiwan, it was my first time seeing so much cherry blossom in real life. That is why March is really a good month to visit Taiwan. You are still able to see many of the cherry blossoms even on the roadside. 


Macam yes! My daddy is a handsome looking ajushi hehehe 


Look Ma, they are everywhere



There are actually tonnes of other areas that we didn't manage to visit due to time constraint. So my advice to you is to allocate about 1 day here to fully experience the whole village. They even have some sort of theme park here for adults and children. The following pictures might look a bit dull because it started to rain already, with the cloudy sky I couldn't take much pictures. 

Would love to try this but we didn't have enough time =( Don't worry about getting wet as they provide a full-body dryer for you. 


Told you they have Theme Park right? 

Marvelous display of flower art, too bad it was raining so heavily that we couldn't go out to take photos with the flowers
As it was raining very heavily, I didn't manage to take more photos. Check out their official website for more information! If I were given another chance, I'd visit here again to explore more. That's all for Day2, don't hesitate to drop a comment below if you have questions! See you in the next post.

-Mel-

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe