Picnic at Hac Sa Beach (Video included!)

14:54

I visited Hac Sa Beach for the first time last year in September, which was basically the HOTTEST MONTH in Macau. I didn’t know it was going to be that hot before going there at that time. After that time, I told myself I will not be going there in the near future because I really don’t wanna get darker than I already am. 

Blue skies in Hac Sa Beach last year
So for a very long time, I didn’t go, until few weeks ago. The weather in Macau started getting cold in late November or December, and until last month it was still around 23C. So I decided that it was a good time to visit the beach again. I wanted to have a little picnic and just relax by the beach. Anddd that was what I did.

The beach was pretty empty when we were there. I guess it was because it was still quite early like 10 plus in the morning and it wasn't a weekend. We loved it because we had the whole beach by ourselves. You can actually compare the difference in hues for the picture above and below. There wasn't much sunshine when we visited, and hence it looked really gloomy. The lighting was kinda bad too. So bear with me okay? I didn't edit the colour of the pictures as I wanna share with you all that not all beach look vibrant all the time, especially in cold countries. That's why people always say it's gloomy during winter and you don't feel like going out.
Check out the difference in colour 
So here's my companion, J who appeared in my blog several times already. If you don't know already, here's Joyee! Big thanks to her for helping me getting the footage needed in the video below. (Thank God my camera auto-adjusted the tones of some pictures so they looked less dull)
Thanks J for coming with me 

Like the title says, it was a picnic so let me introduce you to some of the things we had. I bought some pre-packed fruits from the local supermarket. (My favourite fruit is honey dew, if you are interested to know =P) We also prepared sandwich and spaghetti. So for the sandwich, it was an Avocado and egg sandwich with wholemeal bread. The spaghetti was supposed to be carbonara but looked nothing like it, lol I had a good laugh at myself. But honestly the taste was quite okay even though the appearance might say the otherwise. 


Yummy Avocado Egg Sandwich
Iced Honey Lemon 
I wore long sleeve to the beach thinking that it will be warm enough, but I was very wrong. The wind was quite strong and it was so chilly. However this gave me a new experience. So far, I haven't been to a 'cold' beach. I have a concept that the beach area is always hot and sunny. But I've experienced a chilly picnic this time.
PS: If you visit Hac Sa Beach in the earlier months of the year, remember to bring a jacket along! 








There you have it, my amateur video. I'm still learning how to get better quality footage. Thanks to Quik for making video editing easy.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe