What if I went on a cruise? 💭 like on SuperStar Gemini

18:15

I recently wrote a piece to participate in a contest, wrote it in less than 2 days (that is after working hours), figured I shouldn't waste it- so here goes:

"tell us why you think you need to go on a cruise holiday, and what you feel would make the trip a memorable one."


On one fine night, I was driving nearby Weld Quay in Penang and cannot help but to be attracted by a building lighted up in purple lights along the Penang Port. I looked up and gazed upon it for a few seconds, to realize that it wasn’t a building. It was a cruise ship! I was thinking in my head, “oh my, what a gorgeous cruise ship!”. It was at that moment, I knew that I wanted to go on a cruise holiday.

This will be the first time ever for me to step into a cruise ship. I can already foresee the excitement in me when I look at all the facilities and the sophisticated designs on board. Before, I have only heard all kinds of entertainment that guests get to enjoy on a cruise ship. Now, I am ready to see them with my own eyes and experience them first hand.  


First thing first, a dip in the outdoor pool is a must. Swimming in the pool and sipping some cocktails while sailing in the middle of the ocean is what I imagine in my head as I am writing this. The thought of swimming on a cruise ship fascinates me and reminds me of the scene from Life of Pi, where the waters are as if magical and even sparkle as the stars light up the night.

A scene taken from Life of Pi showcasing magical ocean
Of course, I would not miss the entertainment on board. I will make sure that I catch a live stage show at the Stardust Lounge, am really looking forward to witnessing performance of either Asia’s hottest bands or world-famous illusionist. I also heard that professional dance troupes often perform on board. It must be glamorous as hell and Burlesque scene is now being cued.


A karaoke-fan like me would steal a moment and ‘perform’ in the KTV Observation Lounge. I might even dress up as if I am an artiste and sing to Kelly Clarkson’s "A moment like this". After all these fun activities, how about a relaxation session at the spa to unwind and recharge? How luxurious it is to have the masseurs massaging me while the cruise is sailing!

Next up, what would make it a perfect and memorable cruise trip is a proper dinner serving me some quality steak cooked to medium rare, and a glass of wine to complete the meal. Not only that, I would love to try other cuisines prepared by award-winning chefs as well.

Having steak with this sunset view 
I certainly will not let any second of this memorable and lavish trip slip away. Batteries and memory card will be ready so I can record the whole journey and replay it over and over again. My dear camera #CanonM10, are you ready to go on this SuperStar Gemini cruise trip with me? 

So I heard #Sony has better vlog cameras, let me know if you have any experiences with Sony or Canon. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe