Meng Ka Korean Restaurant

15:37

Meng Ka Korean Restaurant 明家韓國料理



After coming to Macau, I constantly had cravings for Korean food. So on one fine day after work, we decided to try out Arirang Korean restaurant. I've seen the FB ad like for a gazillion times already and were so tempted to try it out. Even my local colleague recommended it when I asked if there is any nice Korean food around. So I thought it must serve some up to par food and was so excited because finally we are having our Korean food.

Arirang Korean Restaurant
So after work we went to Prince Flower City (literally translated from 太子花城) and wanted to walk to wherever Arirang is. But we found it impossible to walk there as the Google Map said we need to walk for 20mins there. It was already raining and we called the plan off cos we were totally unfamiliar with the place, we might use more than 20mins to find the way. But we still wanna do Korean food so we settled with one of it that is located there, hence how this post comes in. 

So once we entered the restaurant, we were greeted in Korean and we can see two Korean ladies sitting on a table chatting. Mmm, I'm already liking this. With the presence of Koreans, it always gives me a feeling that this Korean restaurant will be more authentic. It's just like how those staffs in Daorae back in Malaysia speak Korean. It just gives you that extra confidence that 'yeah, we know what we're doing'.

So long story short, let's get down to what we ordered. We ordered one dish each and of courseeee we ordered BBQ. The staff asked us if we wanted them to BBQ on our table or get it done in the kitchen then served to us. J wanted it to be done on the table because more feels but it required us to order 2 BBQs, so ended up in the kitchen as we did not plan to order two. Hmm, this reminds me of Daorae who has the same policy, I wonder why??

1. Complimentary side dishes (they also serve complimentary tea)
I must say the Kimchi is quite disappointing, we barely touched it after trying one or two pieces. The pancake was nice tho! To be honest, I'm not really sure if there is complimentary refill as we didn't finish them. 

2. Bulgogi Hot Stone Soup - MOP 98  
What I ordered, beef of courseeeeee! There are plenty of beef and the soup was rich in taste.
3. Spicy Bulgogi Soup - MOP 98
This massive bowl also costs the same as my beef soup so it's definitely more worth it to order this. It can easily serve two people.  

Bear in mind, both the soups do not come with rice. A bowl of rice cost MOP10. (which is quite a decent price) becaseu I don't wanna eat without rice ><

4. Pork BBQ (dwaeji gogi) - MOP 108
Pork BBQ with some mushrooms and onions. If you are only ordering this without any other dishes, you might wanna consider ordering two or three BBQs. You need to order if you want to eat it with vege, priced at MOP 10 for one big bowl of lettuce. 

Overall, I'd would totally come back again because of the good service and ambience. For food wise, it is just satisfaction and normal. Did not surprise me or surpass any expectation. I didn't manage to search for the address or the official website on Google. I guess this is something that they could work on more.

Well, here is the address and telephone number as seen on the receipt.
Address: 氹仔南京街65号利盛大夏地下BA铺
Telephone: 2883 0150

Also, both of us didn't finish what we ordered so we took away. The next day, I made some glass noodles and added egg and it fed me well for another meal =P heeee



Looking forward to my next Korean food visit, will definitely write about it here. Nights world!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe