Countdown 2016 in Clarke Quay

09:23

*Heads up first, no firework pictures can be found in this post. LOL basically we couldn't see the fireworks as they were all blocked by the building*


It was my first year spending New Year's Eve in another country so I thought to go out and see how Singaporeans celebrate it. Lyn and I decided to go to Clark Quay because we wanted to chill and still feel the countdown atmosphere.
Basically every restaurant or bar is full house and everyone is queing to get a place. It was so busy I feel bad for all the servers.


I found a place in Octopus and went straight right into it!

These props were actually given by the restaurant. They gave us a bag of countdown goodies which I thought was really a great idea. Kudos to Octopus!



First experience of counting down in Singapore was quite awesome. Everyone was so hyped and happy I felt it too. 

1. One thing to note is that you absolutely won't see any fireworks if you are sitting in the restaurant areas. But if you just want to experience the atmosphere I would strongly recommend here. I later heard from my friends that it was super super crowded in MBS. I don't really like it when there are too many crowds so I think I'll just stick with here. Heeee :P

2. Another thing to note is that obviously you will go home after 12 midnight and hence the MRT Stations might be closed already.  But no worries the LTA will issue notice of buses or selected sttations that will be operating for later hours so do check it out and see which one applies to you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe